Monday, February 21, 2011

Race for the Cure-by Jeno October 4, 2009 at 11:14am

Today I did the race for the cure . It was the first time I have ever done this one. There were so many people and it was amazing. I still consider myself new to running and fitness in general and until today have never ran a 5K without stopping to walk at least part of it. Today I did it! They did not give out timing chips so this was a perfect setting for this goal. I was pretty slow and have never tried to be a fast runner, I'm more of a cross the finish line type of girl. I want to do this a few more times before I start pushing for speed but I'm going to relish in the fact that I reached this milestone today. My new sexy skirt outfit was too big and kept falling down which was a bit of a bummer but all in all a luxury problem. There were so many people honoring those whom they have lost and at times it was hard to hold back from crying. I saw a sign that one in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and it kind of hit me hard because of how many people were there so just imagine how many that is was hard. Next week I will do a 5K that is near and dear to my heart with my sister. Run the rocks! We will walk this one this year but next year I plan to kick her ace into training for it. PS Savage Henry, high times, got me across the finish line.
peace love and good health to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment